Thursday, May 19, 2016

What Will Your Legacy Be? Your Life's Purpose

I've asked myself this question THOUSANDS of times...

What is my life's purpose?

I'm almost 50 and I think I may have figured it out.  It depends WHEN I asked the question and what was going on in my life.

Not too many people know this about me but at one time I had considered becoming a Catholic priest.

Those who know me are probably saying NO WAY!

Let's just say I didn't always have the best judgment in the world and I may or may not have let my fascination with women get the better of me.

So, when you are trying to get your bills paid and you can barely stay focused on the coming weekend the LAST thing you are thinking about is your legacy.

What will you leave behind that people will remember about you?  

There have been times where I felt that I was making more of an impact on other peoples life and other times not so much. 

I got married late in life and my wife and I at some point decided not to have children.

I don't regret that decision, however there goes any easy answer for the whole legacy thing.

What the heck can I do to leave this world just a tiny bit better then it would have been if I hadn't existed at all.

I can be there for my friends and family and try to make their lives a little easier or so they don't have to struggle as much.

Everyone struggles and I think its how we grow so you want to help people just enough.

Now I am trying to write.

Maybe my words will touch someone. Just maybe they will try whatever it is one more time.

Cause in the end it's all about getting up and trying again when we fail.  Learning just enough to try it a little differently.

By helping each other we all can learn and make our journey to the grave just a little bit more pleasant.

Day by day by day... 

No comments:

Post a Comment